Monday, February 16, 2009

Qinghai and Gansu Tour



On September 28th in the evening, my dog "Duo Duo", my good friend Hero and me took a plane to Xinnin. We joined a group of 17 other people from "Green Travel" club to Gansu, Qinghai

Our trip coincided with the second day of the Hui minority festival "Eid al-Fitr" (the Festival of Fast-breaking). At 8 in the morning the ceremony began. In the mosque chanting people started arriving, the people kneel to pray the first ...

I took lovely pictures of the beautiful Qinghai Lake Oh ..... what a strong sunshine and low bushes ...


We were listening to the music in the car along the road,everybody laughing in singing, Staring at the basin.

We also stopped by the Delhi and go Caka Salt Lake on the road .....

At the Mingsha mountain, my friend Hero and me took some people .... a lot of people think we were particularly funny. I can only admire my her, she is very interesting when she is being herself. She placed the camera properly, and quicle went in front of the camera to POSE. She took the trouble of repeating the same action, until the perfect photo shoot came. ... seriously very cute.

At the Mogao Caves we can not take pictures. We absolutely loved the exquisite patterns.

When we arrived to Yumen we were cold and hungry. Wind like a knife was hurting us. First we couldn't find the village, then we couldn't find any shop, It is no wonder that in the ancient times, here was a well-known prisoners decentralization place ....


When I first climbed to the pinnacle of 71 glaciers, the feeling was amazing .... the sky seemsed to meet the pole at your fingertips, stroking the tip of the lofty sun. The most complete Central glaciers, like the sky falling waterfall. .. there was a heavy wind, I found a rock to wait for the the arrival of the rest of the people. At a twinkling of an eye, I saw I pure-white Hada stone over my head, which I took like a very asupicious sign... and then a miracle happened, the wind stopped, and so did the cold...a feeling of happiness and harmony filled my whole body... I was standing on the ground, I could listen to the loud singing of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, the Tibetan traditional dances .. the sun as an extremely kind-hearted grandfather, smiled at me ... I can not explain all of that, I just felt happy


... facing the sun, with devout heart, I thought about the interesting pure-white hada stone .... In that moment I was thinking then my parents, God, Buddha, they were all present on my mind. At that moment I feel that they were the same person on my ...

I also visited the Tar Temple and the mosque in Xining, I have been addicted to the Hui minoritty traditions. A girl selling headscarfs told me that white was a very nice color, with a good meaning and that it suited me very good. I think she was right...


People who live in Xining thought I was a very spiritual person so they recommended me a few books on Buddhism. Visiting the glacier there was a peculiar experience that I always thought it was fascinating, since I have always interested in history . So after coming back from the trip I read those books and considered that whole trip experience finished...

If you wish to read the Chinese version of the post and watch some more pictures, you can read it at our Chinese blog

No comments:

Post a Comment